Tim Shields is the author of A Curious Year in the Great Vivarium Experiment. After a decade of sick and dying parents, when Tim’s mother passed away—without a plan, a clue, a Lonely Planet guidebook, and only enough money to travel for 3-4 months—he purchased a one-way ticket to India. This decision to leap into the unknown would take him all over Southeast Asia, thus heralding a year-long experiment in possibilities when consciousness is directed by gratitude, intention, surrender, and trust.
Since then he has edited or helped ghostwrite the works of two New York Times bestselling authors, both of whom write about consciousness, quantum physics, healing, transformation, and human potential.
Whether playing in a band, taking improv and acting classes, volunteering at an orphanage in Tanzania, buying one-way tickets to India and Mexico, or attempting to create his own travel show in Europe, his interests can be found at the intersection of creativity, expression, travel, and expansion. For the past two years he has been living between Seattle, Washington and San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
“An honest, vulnerable, transformational travel odyssey into the heart and soul of a man using the power of gratitude and intention. No matter where the reader is in their life, A Curious Year in the Great Vivarium Experiment is a story about the magic that occurs in awakening to the unlimited potential of your life’s journey.” ~ Dr. Joe Dispenza
In this super conscious episode of Visionary Souls, we jammed on…
- How his life moves in traumatic expansions and equally traumatic contractions
- How he has been in contraction since he got back to Seattle and how it is one of the darkest times of his life
- How he felt he was a deeper thinker than the people around him and how he would go to his notebooks to write and scribble; lead him to write about consciousness
- How he got into ghost writing and how it has been a pretty amazing and wild ride
- How hard it is for him to bring back himself to continue writing the essay he started because he has to go really deep in this one which will be called “A Crisis of Faith”
- How he didn’t want to self-publish and how people were pushing him to self-publish
- How he got to India to write which he didn’t prepare for and he ended up volunteering for a guy who is India’s most important environmental lawyer
- How he is listening to his intuition, trusting the call and responding intelligently and how he is supported in his journey
- How he supports and helps himself to feel supported in this WTF moment of his life
- How it’s in the creative process that he discovers truths about himself
And SOUL much more…come play!
Connect with Tim:
Writing Coach: https://www.inkandedit.com/writing-coaching
The Being Experiment: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1590550911040468/
The Gratitude/Intention Experiment: https://www.facebook.com/groups/353924911975992/
Additional Resources to support you in your Awakening Journey:
Listen to more episodes of Visionary Souls on all the channels, everywhere.