HAPPY JUNE ❤ FRIDA VIBES, whatta babe, right? I’m SO STOKED to be starting a monthly post that covers all of my favorite events coming up for the month ahead. Since so many people ask me what’s up – especially regarding cool workshops, meditation and yoga fun, I figured it would be useful to consolidate all in one place to share ahead of time. I’ll include these in my newsletter too so you’re sure to get all the magical goods. Here are some of my fave June Magic Making opps::
- Deep Sit Half Day Meditation Retreats – My beautiful friends host half-day sits in Fort Greene in their sweet loft space w/ roof access and all that jazz. Janusz and Rakhel are phenomenal guides with so much wisdom to share, and I absolutely love what they’re up to re: creating community and making longer meditation retreats accessible to more people (and those new to meditation). The retreats usually fall on one of the last weekend days of each month. They also lead a class on Weds eves on Bowery focused on themes of deep community and deep practice, and how these support one another. Subscribe to Rakhel’s site to stay in the loop. I hope to see you at the next sit!
- Dharma Punx – Buddhist community based around NYC and Brooklyn offering group guided meditations followed by awesome dharma talks. A lot of the peeps I went on the 8 day silent medi retreat with are a part of this fab community – love them to pieces.
- The Shine – Coming up today at And&And (late notice, I know!). I’m so grateful to be a part of this beautiful community. It started out in LA and made waves over to NYC towards the end of last year where it now happens once every 2 months. The beautiful ladies of The Uplift Project are helping spearhead the NYC production alongside Anthony Demby and original founder/LA-based host Light Watkins. Sign up for the newsletter to get tix to the next one – and I’ll try to give you a heads up earlier too!
Reiki + Writing in Fort Greene – Coming up on Sunday, June 12th 4 – 7pm @ Jill Lindsey (super cool store with cafe and workshops and healing space in my hood). We’ll spend the first two hours healing and the final hour writing. Diana, the fabulous facilitator, will lead you through a few prompts to get us writing about healing experiences – come ready to get some words out! RSVP in Facebook event linked above to attend.
- Mindful Mondays with Baba Cool Cafe: I feel SO lucky to have stumbled across this the other day while getting a delishhh matcha at my fave local cafe – Baba Cool. On Monday, June 13th join in the EPIC restorative gong bath & reiki healing lead by Nechama Karp, Justine Parker, & Cathy Towle, followed by some mingling & tea from baba cool cafe to follow. BYO blankets, friends and loved ones! Please meet at baba cool cafe at 6:45 PM to walk over together FORT GREENE PARK on the hill.
- Come meditate and make dreamcatchers with me on 6/25!: On Saturday 6/25, join Abel Costa and I for a magical afternoon of meditation and dreamcatcher creation! Abel and I met just a few months ago, and it was love at first sight – I knew we were going to make so much magic together! This beautiful workshop is the first manifestation of much more to come that will offer a healing space of creativity, inspiration and community building! I’m so grateful for the opportunity to be leading the meditation to start it off – then, just imagine, we get to create our own beautiful dreamcatchers out of Abel’s phenomenal collection of bespoke, vintage and natural materials aka the best of the best! This is all happening at my second home, Maha Rose. Hope to see you there xx
SURFING + YOGA with my fave Tangerine peeps! – This is just the best idea ever. Tangerine Hot Power Yoga is the BEST studio in BK if you’re into getting sweaty and loved up by the coolest crew ever. I mean, good vibes only, all day everyday. And what a perfect combo: yoga on the beach + surfing + soul fam + juice party? YAAASS always forever every day por favor. There are a few June dates but I signed up for 7/9 waitlist, here’s to getting in!
There’s always more where that came from and I’ll surely continue to share! Love how the first list came out to lucky number, maybe that will set the tone for future lists to come!! ❤ Love you always, hope to see you at a fun event coming up soon! xx